SUSTAINABILITY OF AFRICA'S EXTRACTIVE RESOURCES
Oil, Gold Copper Cobalt and Diamonds etc are abundant in Africa. Due to the Precambrian metamorphic and granite rocks, Africa has
- Largest and richest mineral deposits in the world
- Potential for the discovery of mineral and petroleum resources
- Mineral occurrences present throughout the continent in all countries
- Modern technology that is making exploration easier and economical
- A wide variety of mineral species with very high aesthetical quality
As Africa's contribution to the world and a panacea for local development, Africa needs foreign investors with the capital and expertise to develop these resources. However, the Let's Go Africa Foundation seeks a balance for investors to increase their Corporate Responsibility programs and support Social Investment in health. education and economic programs.
We encourage investment in Africa. but request companies to support development in their areas of operations.
Examples of these goals that can come out of a Development Plan include:
- Goals in Education-
To support primary educational programs. Africa has a huge low primary school completion rate Efforts to reduce this rate will help in social and economic development.
- Goal in Health -
To reduce child mortality- Under five mortality rates in Africa is very high, efforts to support immunization rates helps in achieving development goals.
- Ensure Environment Sustainability –
There is need to work out balance and a compromise between protected areas, reserves