EXCHANGE AND HOST FAMILY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
The Foundation will link you with a family and internship placement after receiving your application. Applicant will then begin a period of introduction and orientation with the family through email and/or telephone correspondence. This is a people-to-people program designed to find homes for Americans planning to visit Africa whether for a tourist visit, business internship, or both. Participants will gain:
As Africans are known for their hospitality and warmth, our host families are eager to welcome American visitors into their country and their homes. The Let's Go Africa Foundation arranges all specific living requirements and comforts with each family
- A unique cultural experience.
- An introduction to African culture- family life, customs, languages, and cuisine.
- An experimental education in Africa 's history and current state of development
- A network of life-long friends and contacts .
Participants are guaranteed access to running water and electricity, as well as sanitary cooking and dwelling conditions.
The Let's Go Africa Foundation has a mission to enhance Africa's ability to market its tourism endowments and develop tourism products in the United States. This includes:
- Informed and special market products
- Research to identify tourism marketing in the United States
- Tour package chain promotion
- Conferences, seminars and workshops with follow-ups
- Study tours
- Aggressive promoting campaigns in the United States.
The Foundation is actively promoting Tourism to Ghana, South Africa and other Countries. The first project which is "Let's Go Ghana, a Visitors Study Guide" written by Kwasi Bosompem provides a comprehensive guide on tourism in Ghana. Hundreds of the books have been distributed to Howard University and other HBCU's. For a free copy of the book, contact the Let's Go Africa Foundation