COCOA EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS IN WEST AFRICA
Let's Go Africa Foundation seeks to assist the Cocoa communities in West Africa by improving the Cocoa Farming villages and its human capacities by:
- Teaching of kids and farmers in Cocoa Farming Schools . Many complex factors impact the improvement of schools in the Cocoa Farming Districts and the equalization of education and opportunity for students. The Let's Go Africa Foundation explores the unique challenges facing teachers in Cocoa Village schools and provides work and teaching studies that increase opportunities for students. The foundation sponsor teachers to the schools to support the education of the children of the Cocoa farmers.
- Review of Land Use Plans in the towns in Cocoa Farming regions and to provide assistance in preparing Development Plans for the Cocoa Farming Towns and Villages. As a response to the increasing problem of dilapidation of villages in Cocoa Growing regions, a new awareness has emerged of the importance of conservation of the environment, and the preparing of local development plans to make the villages viable.
- Bridging the digital divide in the Cocoa Farming Regions by studying the need for computers in the schools in Cocoa Farming regions. Digital Divide problems in Cocoa Farming Regions in Ghana include.
- Very few students have formal instruction on the use of computers and Internet in the classrooms. Very few schools have community technology centers or computer laboratory.
- Many students lag behind in both personal computer ownership and internet access.
- The regions are getting disconnected from the worldwide electronic network.
- Many students are in an offline existence.
- Affordability of computer network access is a major problem.
- The cost of acquisition and use of the available Internet Café's is prohibitive